In 2017, Advance Family Planning is convening a series of master facilitation and diffusion workshops in East Africa, Francophone and Anglophone West Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and India. The goal is to increase the number and reach of family planning advocates implementing strategic advocacy efforts in developing countries.
The workshops are held in partnership with Center for Communications Programs (CCP), Jhpiego, PAI, The Palladium Group, and PATH.
Master Facilitation Workshops
Purpose: To build capacity of family planning advocates at the national and sub-national level to successfully facilitate use of the AFP SMART advocacy approach.
- New Delhi, India: June 19-23, 2017
- Participating countries: India, Philippines, Bangladesh
- Nairobi, Kenya: July 3-5, 2017
- Participating countries: Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Accra, Ghana: July 25-28, 2017
- Participating countries: Niger, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Togo, Benin, Senegal
- Kinshasa, DRC: September 19-21, 2017
Purpose: To facilitate the creation of new SMART advocacy strategies within and beyond AFP’s network of advocacy collaborators.
- Nairobi, Kenya – July 18-20, 2017
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – July 26-29, 2017
- Kampala, Uganda – August 1-4, 2017
- Lusaka, Zambia – August 8-10, 2017
- Lagos, Nigeria – August 14-17, 2017
- Manesar, Gurgaon, India – September 19-21, 2017
For any questions regarding the workshops, please email Liz Bayer at email@example.com.