In late May 2016, Advance Family Planning (AFP) partners from East Africa - Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda - built communications skills and laid the foundation for media advocacy work plans. The hands-on four day workshop in Dar es Salaam implemented presentations, discussion, peer review, and working sessions to master communication best practices specific to the AFP approach.
Build capacity of AFP East Africa partners to implement communication best practices.
- Become well versed in AFP’s communication tools, best practices, and tone
- Sharpen skills on how to write simply and effectively
- Be able to adapt advocacy messages for different audiences
- Apply writing, editing and messaging techniques to advocacy communication materials in development
- Learn about AFP’s new media advocacy efforts in East Africa
- Contribute to the development of an AFP SMART media advocacy work plan for implementation in Kenya and Tanzania
Hands-on workshop with peer review, group work, and individual presentations